Benefit and uses of Water-melon.
• Watermelon contains is 90% water, 50 calories, and vitamin C, has just a trace of fat with...out cholesterol.
• Watermelon is not only great on a hot summer day, this delectable thirst-quencher may also help quench the inflammation that contributes to conditions like asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, colon cancer, and arthritis.
• Most benefit of watermelon is that it contains high levels of lycopene--an antioxidant that may help the body fight cancer and prevent disease
• Watermelon is fat free, nutritionally low in calories and considered an ideal diet food, and is high in energy, making it a great energy boost.
• Watermelon contains no cholesterol of dietary significance and only a small amount of fat. It is an important source of potassium and may micronutrients.
Eliminating Kidney Stones
Watermelon is one of the best natural remedies for kidney stones available. It has the highest level of water among all types of fruit, and water is essential to being able to pass kidney stones. Watermelon is used as a diuretic, increasing the urine.
What's more important, though, is watermelon's high level of potassium. This substance is a form of salt that actually helps to dissolve the kidney stones, therefore easing the pain and helping to eliminate them. This whole process can take up to 15 days but the difference, of course, can be felt much sooner than that.
Preventing Kidney Stones
• Watermelon can also be used in preventative measures against kidney stones, especially for those who already have a history of kidney stones. If you have a family history but haven't experienced stones yet, incorporate watermelon into your diet on a regular basis.
Because there are no side effects with using this as a remedy or preventative measure, it can be consumed at any time unless you have an allergy. Prevention is always the best method and with something so natural and effective, it's hard to see why more sufferers of kidney stones don't use watermelon.